"The Rain-girl" by Tanya Tucker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai0FICpfutc
-
Abagail arrives at SML and starts the show:
(some artistic license taken)
-
She came ridin' in on the sunrise of a hot south-Virginia day
A fancy gal in a painted wagon with some fancy things to say
Looks like you folks need some water, well water is my game
And for a contribution of $1000, I betcha I can make it rain
Step back, non-believers, or the rain will never come
Someone start that fire a-burning, somebody beat the drum
She said some may think I'm crazy for making all these claims
But I swear before this day is over you folks are gonna see some rain
-
-
Roanoke Times
Governor visits Smith Mountain Lake to emphasize water conservation in drought
https://roanoke.com/news/local/government-politics/article_e1fef0d2-fbc4-49bc-a80d-dd07099755a1.html
MONETA — With the Roanoke region and much of Virginia experiencing increasingly dire drought conditions, Gov. Abigail Spanberger visited a water-intake station at Smith Mountain Lake to urge residents to take voluntary steps to conserve water.
-
Spanberger met with state and local leaders at Smith Mountain Lake on Thursday to talk about the drought. The group gathered on the depleted lake's shoreline, a short distance from the drinking water intake site connected to the nearby Smith Mountain Lake Water Treatment Facility, which provides drinking water for thousands of homes and businesses in Bedford and Franklin counties.
-
-
She came ridin' in on the sunrise of a hot south-Virginia day
A fancy gal in a painted wagon with some fancy things to say
Looks like you folks need some water, well water is my game
And for a contribution of $1000, I betcha I can make it rain
Step back, non-believers, or the rain will never come
Someone start that fire a-burning, somebody beat the drum
She said some may think I'm crazy for making all these claims
But I swear before this day is over you folks are gonna see some rain
-
-
Roanoke Times
Governor visits Smith Mountain Lake to emphasize water conservation in drought
https://roanoke.com/news/local/government-politics/article_e1fef0d2-fbc4-49bc-a80d-dd07099755a1.html
MONETA — With the Roanoke region and much of Virginia experiencing increasingly dire drought conditions, Gov. Abigail Spanberger visited a water-intake station at Smith Mountain Lake to urge residents to take voluntary steps to conserve water.
-
Spanberger met with state and local leaders at Smith Mountain Lake on Thursday to talk about the drought. The group gathered on the depleted lake's shoreline, a short distance from the drinking water intake site connected to the nearby Smith Mountain Lake Water Treatment Facility, which provides drinking water for thousands of homes and businesses in Bedford and Franklin counties.
-